Business is Much the Same as Football
Business is much the same as football. As a football fan, and an art director here at Flume, I see frequent parallels. There are times of success (unless you're Accrington Stanley). Times of transition. Times of new systems implementation. Times of team re-shuffles. Times of player fall-outs. Inevitably too, times of failure. My task here is to briefly lay out the similarities of business and football, but with a focus on how "I" should respond to such things.
- The success of a football team relies on the collective whole.
- What I do, impacts me personally, not only the team.
- Defined roles. Knowing my place.
- Utility men are for the birds
- Work hard together, but form strong relationships off the pitch too.